[Routine Help] where in my current routine should i add a BHA exfoliant? | Kr Laser
published on Jan 21, 2020
hi y’all! longtime lurker here and i finally have a question.
this is my current routine:
1. cleanse with Murad time release acne cleanser (i double cleanse @ PM with DHC deep cleansing oil when i need to)
2. tone with Kiehl’s herbal cucumber alcohol free toner
3. serum – outsmart acne clarifying treatment serum by murad
4. moisturize with murad’s skin perfecting lotion for blemish-prone skin
5. The Ordinary niacinamide + zinc
6. i apply murad’s rapid relief spot treatment if i have any particularly outstanding pimples
7. @ PM i like to curl my lashes and add esme beauty’s lash serum (made with argan oil, vitamin E oil, castor oil + avocado oil)
as you can see i love murad’s anti-acne line; it’s worked wonders for my breakouts and overall texture. but i wanted to advance my routine a bit with a chemical exfoliant, so i’ve ordered Paula’s Choice 2% BHA, as i heard it’s really great to reduce congestion and pore size.
my question is when exactly in my routine should i apply it?
i’ve heard people say acids are meant to be added directly after cleansing and toning, but i’ve also read that it’s better to do after moisturizing to reduce possible irritation and that the acid can still sink in fine. so i’m not sure what to think… also if i’m ordering anything wrong currently please let me know!
additionally, to anyone who uses Paula’s Choice 2% BHA, what is the best way you’ve found to apply it? any insight is appreciated!
Donec sed odio dui. Nullam quis risus eget urna mollis ornare vel eu leo. Cum sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes. lorem